Wednesday, February 13, 2008

2/13/08, 6:45am, Oakland

Just leaving Oakland for Seattle, then on to Anchorage, and finally Dutch Harbor.  My cold seems to be more a factor than I had hoped, Since the landing last night I have had limited hearing in my left ear.  Oh well, if Lewis and Clark could battle dysentery, I can handle a little ear discomfort for a few days.  Learned something about airport security check-in today.  Contact lens solution is considered a medicine and doesn’t not have to fit into the one-quart, zip-lock bag that you must display at airport security. This is true of any liquid medicine.  You have to have it out of your bag, but it does not have to fit in the one-quart bag.

The captain says they’re are 80 mph headwinds on the way up to Seattle.  Now, I am no aeronautics, meteorology, climatology, scientology kind-of-guy, but that seems like pretty fast wind. I’m sure this old MD-80 will slice through it like a hot knife through butter. By the way, the airplane is very old and virtually empty.  Exit rows all the way up to Dutch Harbor. The chop just started, and the “fasten seatbelts” sign is now illuminated; we’re in for a bumpy ride.

1 comment:

Paul said...

what a girl...not that being a girl is bad :)